Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Letter to Debra Bowen / Petition Problem (US Senate Election)

This is the letter I sent this morning to the Secretary of State of California about the respect of my candidacy and its Petition.

Hello:

I was registered as a write-in candidate for the US Senate Election, September 9 in Norwalk, in the County of Los Angeles and was back there October 19 with a petition of 77 names and signatures in order to respect the rule to get beween 65 and 100 signers to support my candicacy!

The petition and my candidacy were recorded by the County and I received no phone call after that. I was in Sacramento November 1st to check with the Secretary of State that voters would be able to vote for me and would have information about my candidacy in every Californian city.

I was surprised to know that I was not selected because 42 signers of my petition of 77 people were not validated. This must be a mistake! Anyway, I don't accept this decision and I want to have the reason why my signatures were refused as I believe I could have been elected.

I think there can be a cancellation risk of November 2 poll for the US Senate if my 42 non-validated signers had to be accepted. We will see.
I will also appreciate having the counting of my voters because I was not informed before November 1st that I was not officially candidate!

I hope that you will order an investigation and send me the result as soon as possible.

I hope that you will order an investigation and send me the result as soon as possible.

Respectfully.

Frederic Vidal, PhD

No comments:

Post a Comment